Monday, October 24, 2011

Persuasive Essay Beginning Idea

My essay topic is about how (in my opinion) traditional written Mandarin is more important than simplified Chinese. I am planning to write about how traditional Mandarin is the proper form of the language, and I'm going to mention how the simplified form "ruins" the original written language.
Do you guys think that I could begin the piece with a comparison-like scene between "texting language" and simplified Mandarin? "Texting language" (the extremes, at least) are a bit like simplified Mandarin; this language is a simplified version of the proper English language. I am not going to blankly state that "Simplified Mandarin is like texting language..."; I plan on writing a small scene that somehow illustrates my opinions about simplified Mandarin... (I may change this idea, but I just need some opinions on this...)

No comments:

Post a Comment